Frequently Asked Questions
What do I bring when I come to workout?
Always bring lots of water, being hydrated will make the world of a difference when you're working out. Wear breathable season appropriate work out clothes and supportive runners.
I've never done any exercise is that ok?
Yes! We have lots of beginners in our classes. I will show you proper technique and all the different hits you will need to know. If you have more experience, I can add extra moves to your combos to make it more challenging or you can try one of my advanced classes. Remember – the more you put into each class, the better workout you will get!
What if I miss a class?
Cancellation policy is 24 hour before your next class or training session. If you don’t let you trainer know you lose the class or training session. No more then 2 make up classes a Month and need to be made up in that Month.
** No Refunds**
** Classes need to be made up in the month you joined**
What are fitness classes like?
They are fun! It is a full body workout, including cardio, circuit training & resistance training. Expect it to be challenging with each class being different.
Do you offer private sessions?
We offer in-home private sessions as well as private group sessions. Please email your request to email@example.com for more information.
How long are classes?
Fitness classes are 55mins in duration. They include warm up and cool down.
Do you need to be in shape to join Semi-Private Personal Training classes?
Not at all! All fitness levels are welcome. We’re not looking for the person who looks the best, talks the loudest or arrives in the best shape. We’re looking for people who come with an open mind and are willing to put in the effort to sweat.
What is your refund policy?
We understand that medical issues may arise and that prevent you from participating in the class. We would be happy to provide a credit for the remaining session with a recent doctors note. We do not issue any refunds once a purchase has been registered.
What should I wear to the gym?
When it comes to workout clothes, comfort is far more important than fashion. Rather than purchasing clothes that look good, you should purchase clothes that feel good. When trying on workout wear, it is important that you bend and stretch or jog-in-place to make sure your clothes fit well. If you purchase ill-fitting clothes, you may find yourself adjusting your garments throughout your workout. At West Coast Personal Trainer, we recommend that you consider the following when purchasing workout gear:
- Fabric: Wear fabrics that allow your skin to breathe. Wicking material, such as a polyester blend, won’t trap in moisture and will allow your skin to breathe, keeping you cool during your workout.
- Sneakers: Running shoes are the most important piece of gear in your workout wardrobe. It is important to consider what type of exercise you will be doing before purchasing running shoes.
- Bra: When it comes to high-impact exercise, it is critical that you wear supportive bra. A good sports bra will prevent breast, back, and neck pain as well as the breakdown of ligaments.
The right workout wear will make a tremendous difference in your overall fitness experience. We are more than happy to provide you with recommendations on athletic clothing brands or point you in the direction of a nearby sporting goods store. Please do not hesitate to ask!
Is it better to stretch before or after I exercise?
You should stretch before and after you work out. Light stretching before exercise can prevent injuries from occurring and stretching post-exercise can help to reduce muscle tension and increase flexibility.
I’ve never taken a Fitness class, what should I know?
If you are a beginner, here are some important things you should keep in mind:
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to the start of the class. This will allow you enough time to find your place on the floor..
- Important to know:
- Eat a light, healthy meal 2 hours before the class and drink plenty of water. Feel free to bring a water bottle to the class and drink as much as you need to during your practice.
Get in touch!
If you are in Metro Vancouver area and have any questions, please give us a call. We are looking forward to hearing from you!